This is an advised gear list, obviously some things are more important than others. Everyone should have everything on this first list. If you have any queries, or don’t have enough equipment, let us know.
- Windproof Top (fleece or something similar).
- Waterproof Top/Jacket (doesn’t have to be breathable, but definitely an advantage).
- Walking Trousers (make sure they are comfortable – no jeans)!
- Walking Boots with ankle support (again don’t have to be breathable, but can stop you getting blisters).
- Good Socks (careful with 100% cotton socks as they tend to scrape skin away if damp and create blisters in new boots).
- Water bottle
- Rucksack (only needs to be a day sack).
- Food (packed packed lunch if required and snacks).
- Extra Clothing (socks, trousers, fleece, gloves/hat, thermals).
- Thermos for warm drinks.
- Waterproof trousers (optional, but nice to have).
- Headlight or Flashlight
- Sun Screen.
- First Aid Kit (See Lightweight First Aid Kit).